My road trip through New England

-To keep updated you can subscribe my blog per email (top right corner)!-

- WARNING ⚠️: This post is extraordinary long! -

Heyho!

As I said previous, I made a trip/roadtrip through New England before coming to the University of Maine. Sadly, I didn't had enough time to write the blog during the trip, so I'm just going to recap the trip for you (and partly for me):

August 8th:

My last moments in Germany
- flight to the US (DUS to LHR to JFK)
- taking the Subway to our hotel (located near Times Square)
- unpacking
- Times Square
- finally getting sleep (after 24 hours)

August 9th:

- One World Trade Center & 9/11 Memorial (really intense & sad)
- Trinity Church, St Paul's Cathedral
- Wall Street & Stock Exchange
Statue of Liberty
- Charging Bull (you almost couldn't see the bull because there were so many people 😳)
- Battery Park
- Staten Island Ferry to Staten Island (driving past the Statue of Liberty)
- South Street Seaport
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade 
- Dinner at Teresa's (a sweet little Restaurant, absolutely worth it!)
View of Manhattan









Brooklyn Bridge

"Dum Dum Gimme Gum Gum"
August 10th:

- American Museum of Natural History

- 5th Avenue
- St Patrick's Cathedral
- New York Public Library
- Grand Central Station & Chrysler Building
- Broadway Show: Aladdin 😍
- Empire State Building



The High Line
August 11th:

- Macy's 
- Flatiron Building
- Union Square Green Market
- Greenwich Village
- Washington Square Park
- Chelsea Market
- The High Line
- Running at the Central Park (trying to keep myself fit besides all the walking)
- Times Square at night & Hard Rock Cafe
On top of the Empire State Building




The MET





August 12th:

- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Central Park
- Madison Avenue & Laduree (their macarons actually come from France, isn't that amazing?)
- Soho
- Little Italy

- Chinatown
Central Park










New Haven/Yale

August 13th:

- Coney Island (nice for people watching)
- picking up our rental car 🚗 & driving to New Haven
- walking through New Haven and over the campus of Yale 
Coney Island










Chatham
August 14th:

- My first time to shop at Walmart (it was really exciting for me because we don't have these huge stores that literally have everything in Germany)
- driving to Cape Cod
- dinner at Wendy's (probably my favorite fast food restaurant over here)

August 15th:

- Hyannis downtown & harbor
Hyannis Harbor
- Scenic Highway (6a) through Cape Cod (if the weather isn't that good and you don't mind driving, do it!)
- stops: flea market, Chatham

Provincetown

     August 16th:

     - Provincetown
     - Day at the beach
     - City tour
     - Whale watching









August 17th:

- Wrentham Premium Outlet Village
Boston Harbor Walk
- Drive to Boston
- Boston Harborwalk
- Quincy Market (as we got there, there was a little concert going on, everyone was dancing and having a good time!)
Boston at night






Boston Freedom Trail


August 18th:

- Chinatown 
- Public Garden
- Boston Common
- Freedom Trail (a long list of stations, but these are my favorites: Granary Burying Ground, Old State House, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, Old North Church, USS Constitution)
- Boat back to Long Wharf (doesn't cost much and you have a beautiful view of the city)
- Little Italy & small carnival

View of Boston from the boat
Kinds obsessed with the Boston squirrels










August 19th:

Witch taxi at Salem
- Harvard University
- Salem
- drive to the White Mountains

Arthusa Falls
August 20th:

- Flume Gorge
- The Basin & a waterfall (I slide down this waterfall)
- Arethusa Waterfalls (the hike up is a bit hard, but it's absolute worth the view!)
- Kancanagus Highway (a drive with a view)



The Flume Gorge



August 21st:

- Drive to Bangor (our hotel was furnished like the White House, kinda weird, but they hat a jacuzzi)
- Dorm room shopping (we run a lot through the store until we got everything - I still haven't figured out the system of the big stores like Target and Walmart)

August 22nd:

The day I came to the University of Maine after doing some shopping in the Bangor Mall. My parents met two of our coaches and we got a little campus tour. My mother helped me setting up my dorm room and I realized how many stuff (mostly clothes) I brought 😂. It was great that my parents could see the place I'm going to live at for the next time and I really needed the help. And as my parents left I started to slowly realize that I moved away from home and that everything was getting real.


I know this post is really long, if you have read it all through here, congratulations! For me it was really nice to recap everything I have done before coming to UMaine because I really like traveling. This trip had everything in it that I can probably imagine: the beach, the mountains, big cities, towns, ...
The US really offers a variety of different places and I only have seen a little part of it!

I'm really excited to see more of Maine and the US while I'm here!

Anna

- If traveling was free, you would never see me again - (Anonymous) -

-To keep updated you can subscribe my blog per email (top right corner)!-

Comments

Popular Posts